PREVENT DISCONTINUATION OF CONTACT LENSES
- Vivirtuusque potiendam inatquam moratimmo es perum morum quitum
- terfect orimantem est inum iampos mus consuam sedeperem tatimilles,
- quonscia nos, ortum oracri, erid conte patquo pro, uteris lostudenam fue iam
- num publin intrum tere horsume aurbeffret et noctum uris
- publium deo vis teatorit ocatus nendes, dum eo huceressullae
WHAT IS CONTACT LENS-RELATED DRY EYE?
Contact lenses tend to destabilize eyes by interrupting the smooth flow of tears. This can lead to itching, burning and redness known as contact lens-related dry eye (CLDR). Eyeleve™ can provide effective relief from CLDR symptoms and extend comfortable wearing time of contact lenses by up to 3 hours.
WHAT IS MGD?
Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is caused by a blockage or abnormality in the meibomian glands that prevents the secretion of oil into the tears. MGD is considered the leading cause of dry eye, and can worsen the irritation and dryness associated with contact lenses.
While MGD is a chronic, lifelong condition, it can be improved by using Eyeleve™. The extended warmth of the compress raises the eyelid temperature and liquifies clogged glands, naturally lubricating the eyes and relieving symptoms of dry eye.
WHY IS EYE HYGIENE CRITICAL FOR CONTACT LENS WEARERS?
Wearing contact lenses exposes eyes to more bacteria. In a study at New York University, researchers found that the eyes of contact lens wearers had three times the usual levels of certain bacteria than the eyes of non-wearers. Bacteria can cause corneal infection and ulcers and, in extreme cases, lead to blindness.
HOW IS Eyeleve™ CLINICALLY PROVEN?
The Eyeleve™ compress uses technology that has been tested at the University of Alabama’s School of Optometry. The study compared people who used the compress with people who used a warm washcloth. Researchers found that compress users:
- Had significantly improved meibomian gland function
- Reduced their overall eye discomfort
- Extended their comfortable wear time of contact lenses by up to 3 hours